13 June 2007

On Hiatus

This failed experiment is going on official hiatus, because as of tomorrow, I am no longer unemployed. Seven months TO THE DAY after leaving my last job, I start a new one as an intern for the Chicago Public Library, running the Summer Reading Program in the parks. Just for the summer, so I'll have another month of joblessness before I start school.

I blame the embarrassing lack of posts on, well, just being too busy to keep up. Since quitting my job I've, in no particular order:

- traveled to Antarctica, Chile, Argentina, the Falkland Islands, Turkey, Costa Rica, Montreal, New York, and Los Angeles
- road-tripped to Buffalo
- learned to play the accordion
- played said accordion on a stage in front of strangers
- applied and got accepted to grad school (with scholarship!)
- went to the Westminster Dog Show
- started volunteering at 826CHI
- worked as a freelance graphic designer and writer
- fallen prey to TiVo
- had my bike stolen
- acquired a new, better bike (sorry old bike)
- still not learned how to cook
- joined a book club
- read more books than i did all of last year
- gone to six museums, five on free days
- been to one matinee (The Lives of Others, which was beautiful and moving and sad and scary and funny).

See you in August.

No comments: